Man City suspends Mendy over charges of rape, sexual assault


Manchester City defender, Benjamin Mendy, has been suspended by the club.

This comes after he was charged with four counts of rape and one count of sexual assault.

The 27-year-old is due to appear in court on Friday.

Cheshire Police say the charges relate to three complainants over the age of 16.

The incidents happened between October last year and this month.

“Cheshire Constabulary and the Crown Prosecution Service would like to remind everyone that criminal proceedings against Mendy are live and that he has a right to a fair trial,” a police spokesman said.

Mendy joined City from Monaco in 2017 and has won three Premier League titles at the Etihad.

In a statement, Manchester City said: “The matter is subject to a legal process and the club is, therefore, unable to make further comment until that process is complete.”





Visit Original Source link