7 FOODS THAT WILL POISON YOUR PETS

1. TOTALLY WOOFED!

 

Image Source: FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Believe it or not, while you might want to share a pint with your four legged friend, its effects would be worse than harmful. Alcohol depresses the central nervous system causing the heart to slow and in large enough doses, could use up all 7 of your canine chum’s doggy lives in one foul swallow.

And before you think of adding your feline friend to the now empty bar stool, you need to consider that the effect on cats is the same!

2. SWEET ENOUGH

 

Your pets are quite sweet enough and certainly don’t need help from your sugary treats! Much as you might swoon to the creamy delights of smooth milky chocolate or love to snack on sweets, these same delicious munchies are poisonous to your four legged friends as chocolate contains theobromine, which is toxic to dogs.

3. DECAFFEINATED PETS

Image Source: FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Is it time for a nice cuppa? Can’t get going until you have had your first sniff of coffee? These are not true for your pets. Caffeine has a much stronger effect in both dogs and cats and can even cause death!

4. GARLIC AND ONIONS

Garlic and onions are both classified as species of Allium. Let’s face it, we use them almost every day, what bolognaise sauce is complete without them? But cats and dogs simply can’t digest these plants and as such exposure can cause illness and even death!

5. CHEWY NOT YUMMY

 

Image Source: FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Just as with babies and small children, chewing gum can cause blockages in our pets. Not only that, some gum contains the sweetener Xylitol, which also happens to be poisonous to our favoured fury friends!

6. NUTTY TRIP

Dogs are simply nutty about Macadamias, so much so it makes them trip! Quite literally, as they stumble, vomit, shake, sweat and become generally very unwell! So always remember, Just say NO (to Macadamias)!!

7. FEELING BLUE

Image Source: FreeDigitalPhotos.net
We all love a nice slice of blue cheese, a few grapes and a nice crispy cracker! All of us that is, who are human! Moldy food of any kind can seriously ruin your pet’s day, causing a whole range of nasty effects, including seizures, vomiting, shaking and agitation.