ipNX Nigeria Limited is one of Nigeria’s fastest growing Information and Communications Technology companies. In our business, we connect everything – people, information, and services.
We are specialized in network connectivity, and delivery of internet, telephony, television as well as cloud-based software application services to corporate and residential customers.
Job ID: 69
Department: Retail Division
Function: Network Services
Reporting to: Network Services Lead
Travel Frequency: N / A
Purpose of the Job
- The Network Services Engineer is responsible for pro-actively performing network fulfilment activities across all network products.
- Assists in troubleshooting customer impacting issues affected by the fulfilment process, diagnose problems and troubleshoot within Data Centre/LAN/WAN/Wireless, or Firewall/Load Balancing/Threat Protection.
- Providing design and implementation according to best practices and standards and assist in deploying and supporting Network services and Security for clients.
Expected Key Results
- Network Service Monitoring
- Network Service Support Analysis
- Network Service Management
- Customer Service
- Perform Monitoring, Backup and Recovery Procedures
- Stakeholder Management
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, Electrical Engineering or other technical disciplines (2.2/ Upper Credit Minimum)
- Industry Certifications in AWS, CISSP, CCDP, CCNP, and CCIE
- Requires strong knowledge of Cisco routers and switches and of firewalls and web filtering solutions
- Keen interest in emerging technologies Cloud, SD-WAN
- Good verbal and written communication skills required for interaction with business-users.
- Strong problem-solving skills required for technical issue resolution.
- Organized and structured work habits
- Strong personal time management to coordinate several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to confidently communicate with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Extensive technical knowledge deploying and managing network and infrastructure environment
- Well organized, articulate and has numerate skills
- Knowledge of network hardware configuration and management, including routers, firewalls, switches etc.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions in the cloud/IT technology space
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Pre-Sales & Post-Sales Management
- Demonstrable communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Environmental / Industry analysis
- Documentation and Strategic planning skills
Project management skills also desirable
READ ALSO: #PTJobs: Wi-Fi Project Engineer At iPNX Nigeria Limited
- 5 years plus experience with Fiber to the Home (FTTH) infrastructure, and experience in construction on new outside and inside plant (OSP/ISP) fiber infrastructure.
- Experience with basic configurations of enterprise or carrier grade networking equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls, encoders, optics, and Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM)
- Working knowledge of health, safety, and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes
- Experience working within a Service Provider environment on the core network architecture
- Experience working within a multi-vendor network environment – Cisco etc
- Good experience of incident resolution, requests, changes and problem-solving activities delivered to agreed SLAs in an enterprise organisation
- Extensive experience interacting with clients in both pre- and post-sales capacities
- Experience using data to illustrate business conclusions
- Experience working in a Service Provider environment and providing technical support to end customer solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of the Nigerian and global Information Technology Industry especially Telecommunications
- Customer Focus
- Action orientation
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Nimble Learning
- Ensures Accountability
- Develops Talent
- Drives Engagement
- Drives Vision & Purpose
- Excellent Decision Quality
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE to apply
Support PREMIUM TIMES’ journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401…